Everyone is always looking for a new place to go on Thursday nights, so why not try the new deals at Outback Steakhouse?
Outback is now doing 4 drinks and 4 appetizers for $4 for happy hour until 7:00. Some of these include the new Alice Springs Quesadilla, the Bloomin’ Onion, Wallaby Darns and a few select wines.
Outback is also featuring the Gold Coast ‘Ritas (frozen and on the rocks) for $3.75 all day everyday. Also being featured is their value beer (10 oz of your choice of Fosters, Bud Light, Coors Light and Miller Light) for $1.95.
28 million Americans experience migraines on a regular basis. The old saying “you are what you eat” suggests that certain foods can trigger a headache. One of the most difficult things about food triggers is that a food may only be a trigger once or twice out of 10 times you eat it. You may be more susceptible to food triggers when other triggers are present, such as stress, bright lights, or loud noises.
Take a look at a list of foods and beverages thought to trigger headaches:
- Aged cheese and cheeses containing tyramine. Blue cheese, brie, cheddar, Stilton, feta, gorgonzola, mozzarella, muenster, Parmesan, Swiss, and processed cheeses often contain high levels of tyramine.
- Salted, cured, processed, and canned foods that are high in tyramine. Take note of how your body reacts when you eat pickles, olives, and canned soups. Beans can also contain headache-triggering tyramine, especially fava, pinto, garbanzo, and lima beans.
- Peanuts and peanut butter
- Potato chips
- Fresh fruits like kiwi, plums, and raspberries
- Bread and crackers
In the spirit of Labor Day weekend, Chik-fil-A is giving away a free sandwich to customers showing team spirit. On Monday, September 7, wear sports-related apparel at a local Chik-fil-A restaurant and score a free chicken sandwich!
The offer is from 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Qualifying attire includes any article of clothing with a sports team logo, which can be from a Little League, collegiate or professional team.
This steal is in celebration of the second annual Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta, which will take place September 5 with Alabama playing Virginia Tech.
A common misconception is that all salads are healthy. Wrong! If you’re piling on fatty salad dressings you might as well eat a hamburger. Next time you’re dining at Mrs. Greens consider these helpful tips, courtesy of Shape Magazine, to eating healthier at the salad bar.
- When choosing lettuce, the darker the leaf, the healthier. Swap out pale iceberg for vitamin-packed romaine, spinach or radicchio.
- Be particular with your veggies. Go for color such as carrots, peas and broccoli. Beware of anything drenched in oil.
- Go for the lean proteins, it will help you feel satisfied. Lean proteins include skinless turkey or chicken, nothing fried!
These days you never know what you will find when you pop open a can of Diet Pepsi. While grilling in his backyard, Fred DeNegri, a Florida resident, took a big gulp of what he thought was a refreshing Diet Pepsi. After immediately spitting out the revolting substance DeNegri “shook the can over a paper plate until something resembling ‘pink linguini’ slid out, followed by ‘dark stuff’.” According to the Food and Drug Administration the substance was either frog or toad residue.
After lab testing the DeNegris received a copy of the report from the FDA Office or Regulatory Affairs, “which concluded the foreign matter appeared to be a frog or a toad.”
The source of the contamination is still under review. The FDA conducted an eight day investigation at the nearby Pepsi bottling plant in Orlando, but did not find any problems or conditions associated to this problem.
Thanks to SELF Magazine I now feel less guilty about half the things I eat! SELF recruited experts to design nutritional criteria for dozens of foods, accounting for calories, fat, sugar, fiber and more. Hungry readers then voted on the tastiest of the bunch including sweets, beverages, coffee, grains and frozen foods.
Satisfy your cravings while watching the calories with these healthy sweet treats.
- Best Potato Chip: Kettle Brand Baked Potato Chips, 65% Less Fat, Lightly Salted
- Best Pretzel: Snyder’s of Hanover MultiGrain Sticks
- Best Granola Bar: Kashi TLC Dark Chocolate Coconut bars
- Best Candy: Sour Patch Watermelon
- Best Veggie Chip: SunChips Garden Salsa
- Best Popcorn: Trader Joe’s 94% Fat Free
- Best Tortilla Chip: Food Should Taste Good, The Works!
- Best Chocolate: Dove Cranberry Almond
- Best Cookie: Pepperidge Farm Soft Baked Oatmeal